Monday, September 28, 2009

Tokyo Game Show 2009 DS Games

DS Games of Interest at TGS 09



These are the DS games that caught my eye. New announcements with debut trailers tend to catch my eye more than anything else, and that's what I would like to bring you today.

Okamiden

Not actually a new announcement, but Okamiden is an installment in the Okami series, but this one is for the DS. The gameplay for Okami seems almost tailor made for a touchscreen, so I have high hopes for this one.



Ninokuni

Miyazaki is doing games now? Well, sorta. Studio Ghibli has been contracted by Level 5 to provide all of the art for this game, and it looks beautiful!



Montessori Music

I have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, I love music games... on the other hand, educational games tend to bore me (with very few exceptions). Combine them, and you get Montessori Music, which I will either love or hate.



Ghost Trick

Now, this game looks interesting. I usually enjoy a good puzzle game (which is what this appears to be), and I love the music in this trailer. This one will be one to keep an eye on.



Cross Treasures

Square Enix is arguably the king of the RPG, so when they join forces with someone, it's usually noticed. This time, Square Enix joins forces with V Jump, a magazine that talks about new manga and video games related to manga, to create a new RPG for the DS called Cross Treasures. Looks promising, as most Square Enix RPGs do. Not all SE RPG's actually turn out well, though, so we'll have to see on this one.



iPhone, Mobile, and PC titles are coming up next.

Have fun playing!
-Kuro Matsuri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails